Podcast: All change after Merkel? Germany’s new post-Ukraine policies and domestic politics
This recording is from “All change after Merkel? Germany’s new post-Ukraine policies and domestic politics” which was an hour long webinar by Prof Dr Andreas Busch and Prof Dr Henning Meyer held on 20 April 2022.
All change after Merkel? Germany’s new post-Ukraine policies and domestic politics
Some of the areas the talk addressed, were:
- Merkel and Scholz: different personalities or two sides of the same coin?
- Do ‘too many cooks spoil the broth’? The three party ‘traffic light’ coalition
- The new focus on defence policy after 30 years of the peace dividend
- An ecological transformation to meet ambitious climate goals
- Do Germans rue the day they voted the Scholz coalition in?
- The impact of these changes on the economy, trade, and business environment
Andreas Busch is currently the Chair and Professor of Comparative Politics and Political Economy at the University of Göttingen. He was John F. Kennedy Memorial Fellow at the Center for European Studies, Harvard University; and Reader in European Politics at the University of Oxford from 2003 to 2008. He is a member of the Academy of Sciences and Humanities and editor of the academic journal German Politics.
Henning Meyer is Fellow at the German Federal Ministry of Finance; Honorary Professor of Public Policy and Business at Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen; and Founder of Social Europe Publishing & Consulting GmbH.