Iran – A New Frontier for Business
Date: Tuesday, 8 September 2015
Time: 17:30 - 19:15
On 14 July, an historic agreement was reached which will see curbs placed on Iran's nuclear programme as well as inspections in return for phased sanctions relief. This deal should allow Iran to start the process of re-integration with the international community as well as creating a springboard for fresh investment and triggering the unfreezing of more than $100bn in assets. The deal has the potential to transform not only Iran's domestic economy but also the wider region, providing huge opportunities for businesses around the world. Our expert panel, which will include a representative from the US Embassy, Menas Associates and US and UK sanctions experts, will be addressing the key commercial, political, strategic and legal matters that businesses should be addressing as they move forward. We would be delighted if you could join us for an evening of discussion, drinks and canapés. Please be aware that, contrary to the timing of our normal events, this briefing will take place in the evening.
- US policy following the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action ('JCPOA')
- Restrictions on US business under the JCPOA
- Tackling obstacles to trade with Iran
Menas Associates / Dr. Bijan Khajehpour
- The political realities of business in Iran
- Key sectors and likely trends in the post-sanctions market for international businesses
- Political and economic risks
King & Wood Mallesons / Lewis Baach
- The timeline for EU / US sanctions relief under the JCPOA
- What businesses can legally do now
- What restrictions will remain in the medium / long term
- How to protect your investment from sanctions 'snap-back'